What is the Garrard County Chamber of Commerce?
- The Garrard County Chamber of Commerce (or Garrard Chamber, for short) is an organization composed of businesses, community groups, and individuals whose purpose is to Promote Business and economic development in Garrard County. By Promoting Business, we hope to help all Garrard County citizens enjoy a higher quality of life..
What else does the Garrard Chamber do?
- The Garrard Chamber promotes business by advertising and promoting its member businesses and organizations throughout Garrard County and the Central Kentucky region in newspapers and on the Internet. We also work closely with the Garrard County Economic Development Office, Fiscal Court, the City of Lancaster, and our State and U.S. Legislators to bring new business into the county, to promote the businesses that already exist here and at times to fight legislation that would hurt Garrard County businesses.
- The Garrard Chamber hosts events that spotlight new or existing businesses such as Red Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours events, the annual Garrard Chamber Golf Scramble, and our main event each year, the Farm-City Banquet.
- The Garrard Chamber also hosts political forums and figures so that our businesses and citizens can be informed before casting their votes in primary and general elections, and also to keep up with current events and legislation in Frankfort and Washington, DC.
- The Garrard Chamber also actively supports a number of community activities with other organizations. Some of these events include:
- July 4th Fireworks Display
- Hometown Lancaster Christmas Celebration
- Youth Leadership
- Beautify Garrard County Campaign & Party on the Square
- Herrington Lake Conservation Program
- Garrard County Tourism Board
What benefits do I get by joining the Garrard Chamber?
- All Garrard Chamber members receive free promotion when the Chamber advertises for its members in local print media throughout the year.
- Listing on the Garrard Chamber website.
- Preferential referrals to people who contact the Chamber needing your products or services.
- Opportunities to sponsor special events throughout the year.
- Discounted programs through our affiliation with the KY Chamber of Commerce including Health Insurance, Office Supplies, Professional Development Resources, and many more.
How else do I benefit from the Garrard Chamber?
- By having a central source for information in Garrard County as it relates to business and community events.
- By partaking in the numerous community events that the Garrard Chamber hosts and sponsors.
- By enjoying a higher quality of life that results from a vibrant and growing business community in Garrard County.
- By being part of the conversation of where Garrard County is and where it’s going.
How much does membership cost?
- For Individuals – $50 per year
- For Organizations with 1-11 Employees/Members – $85 per year.
- For Organizations with 12+ Employees/Members – $150 per year
- Non-Profit Organizations – $60 per year
- Your level of Investment can increase to Bronze, Silver, or Gold membership, depending on the services you want to invest in. Contact the Chamber office for more information.
How often do I have to renew my membership with the Garrard Chamber?
- Once per year.
- The Garrard Chamber office will notify you at least a month in advance of your membership expiration so that you can renew in a timely manner.